Sometimes it is the most simple changes we make in life that can have the most profound impact. Try incorporating each of these tips into your daily routine one day or step at a time until they become the norm.
1. Drink lemon water Start each day with a glass of room temperature water with fresh lemon juice to kick start your metabolism and flush out toxins.
2. Meditate Studies support the notion that just five minutes of daily meditation or focused breathing can have a profound impact on your health and wellbeing.
Image courtesy of stockimages/freedigitalphotos.net
3. Exercise regularly Benefits include lifting your mood, boosting self esteem, lowering blood pressure, and protecting against chronic disease. Here are some tips on the best way to exercise.
4. Turn off the T.V. Studies show that too much television can lead to weight issues and chronic disease such as diabetes. Substitute some of your television time with exercise, reading, meditation, art, music or quality family time.
5. Drink adequate water This does not include coffee, tea, juice, soft drink or sports drinks; drinking adequate pure water will help control weight, rebalance the body's fluids, regulate bowel movements, assist the kidneys, and help your skin to look and feel good.
6. Sleep long and well Sound sleep has the power to reduce stress, boost memory, improve heart health, reduce the risk of depression, reduce chronic inflammation, and make one more active and alert during waking hours. If you have trouble sleeping try a homemade lavender sleep sachet, or homemade sleep balm.
7. Eat nutrient rich foods Reduce highly refined and over processed foods; incorporate a wide variety of fresh and wholesome foods that are nutrient dense. Eat organic or locally sourced products wherever possible.
Image courtesy of Sicha Pongjivanich/freedigitalphotos.net
9. Stretch As essential as regular exercise, stretching can physically improve posture and flexibility, and reduce the risk of injury. It increases blood and nutrient flow to the muscles and brain, thereby increasing energy and alertness. It can calm the mind, reduce tension, help alleviate symptoms of PMS and menopause, and improve sleep.
10. Attitude adjustment Consciously cultivate a positive outlook and an attitude of gratitude. Extensive research has been conducted into the beneficial effects of positivity on the immune system, and on overall physical and mental health. A simple attitude adjustment has the power to change your life in a profound way.
Image courtesy of jesadaphorn/freedigitalphotos.net