'Oh my goodness, the food was so good, I ate way too much' – does this sound familiar to you? Often, we find ourselves eating more than our body needs. There are times when the self control method does not work either. Here are some fun ways to prevent yourself from overeating. Try and see if you can trick your brain with one of these.
• Munch on some healthy snacks before you start from home so that you are not starving when you start eating at a restaurant or a party.
• Choose a small plate. If you pick a big plate, chances are you will fill up your plate more than you need. You may re-fill a small plate if you are still hungry, but you are less likely to do it multiple times.
Source:Flickr:kPluto Big plate means more food
• Socialise. When you are at a party, talking to people is more important than eating. Re-filling your plate multiple times does not stand a chance if you are surrounded by a bunch of friends chatting.
• Wear your skinny jeans/good fitting shirt/dress. But anything that fits you really well will start getting a bit uncomfortable if you eat too much. So, choose your dress wisely.
• Drink. I am not talking about alcohol. Drink fluids in form of juice and water before you grab a plate.
• Eat consciously. Do not watch TV while eating. Next time when you are about to eat a plate full of cheese fries, look at it for few minutes and decide for yourself if you can afford eating this today, or skip it and have it another day.
Source:Flickr:Sathish J Choose wisely
It is funny how our brain works. Sometimes the old self control method does not work and sometimes it does. For me, the first method on the list works most of the time. But there are times when I need my favorite food and it is hard to forget it. The key is to create a balance and not to starve yourself. We all need good food, but in moderation.