While actually an ancient technique, meditation has become more relevant in todayís society than ever before.
courtesy of Flickr
The fast-paced, ultra-connected, stress-aggravating Western lifestyle often means we wander through our days distracted, impatient and drained, but meditation can work wonders at alleviating this.
Fortunately, there are a number of apps and websites dedicated to bringing meditation to the masses, so pick one of the suggested below and give it a go!
courtesy of Pexels
1) Headspace Founded by Andy Puddicombe, this accessible, cartoon-filled program is a great one to start on. You can track your progress and unlock different meditations as you progress. There is both a sign up for free option, or the full membership for $7 - $15 depending on your billing instalments.
2) Calm Another great entry level and beyond program, there is both a free option, or the full membership for $4 - $10 depending on your billing instalments. The soothing nature sounds and backgrounds are always a winner!
3) Chopra Centre Accessed directly from the website, the Chopra Centre provides a number of fantastic guided meditations to suit any need. Most of them are 20 minutes or less, and include meditations for; healing, gratitude, dreams, abundance, creativity and many more.
4) Buddhify Available only on iPhone or Andriod, Buddhify is a beautifully designed and individually customised meditation experience. There are over 80 meditations available for a range of different needs, and it all comes at the price of a coffee!
5) Meditation Oasis All the meditations are free and can be accessed directly via the website, or downloaded from the iTunes store as a podcast on the go.
courtesy of Flickr
Of course like any practice, meditation needs to become a regular part of your day in order to be beneficial. Whether you take 5 minutes or 30 minutes, endeavour to find a quiet space in the day to restore your mind and spirit.