I've been doing a lot of research lately to find clean yet effective beauty products. Every time I pick up a product at any store, I go through the ingredient list. This has been the most challenging part because I do not know anything about half of those ingredients and everyone around me starts thinking that I am crazy when I take out my phone to check some of those ingredients online before I buy the product. Not to mention, it is time consuming and mentally exhausting.
I thought it would be a lot of work to make some of these at home, but I was surprised when I actually made my first batch of face cleanser last night. It was quick, easy and very economical. It has definitely saved me a lot of money and I know exactly what is in there before I use it.
So, here is a beginner’s recipe for making your own face wash. I promise, your skin will thank you for this! Since this was my first time doing this at home, I made a small batch. Feel free to adjust the amount of ingredients based on your requirements.
Get your ingredients ready.
• ¼ cup of tea tree liquid castile soap (you can buy it here)
• ¼ cup of raw unheated honey
• ½ cup of distilled or boiled water
• 3 tablespoons of almond oil
• 15 drops of lemon essential oil (optional)
• Boil some water and let it cool down.
• Meanwhile, mix raw honey and liquid castile soap in a mug or bowl. Mix it slowly so that there is no froth, all the honey is dissolved in soap and there are no lumps.
• Add water, almond oil and lemon essential oil to this.
• Stir it well using a spoon.
• Pour this in a soap dispenser. It is now ready to use.
Note - This lathers really well and you need just a pea size to wash your face. Please do not let it get into your eyes since this is a Tea Tree Oil version of soap and might sting a little.