This healthy recipe has been passed down through generations. This was our go-to remedy for cold, fever, throat infection and as a beauty tonic as well. As I grew up, I realised it does serve as a painkiller and a natural liver detoxifier too. Most of you might have tried turmeric milk but this is a lighter version in the form of tea.
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 3-4 cloves crushed into powder
• 1 pinch nutmeg powder
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• 1-2 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
• 1-2 teaspoon turmeric powder
• 1.5 cups of water
• 4-5 fresh basil leaves (optional)
• 1 teabag of lemongrass tea (optional)
• Raw honey as per taste
• Milk of your choice
• Simmer all spices, ginger and water on stove top on low flame.
• Wait until the quantity of water reduces by half a cup.
• Add turmeric and milk. Quantity of milk depends on your taste.
• Let it boil for another 2 minutes.
• Strain out and add raw honey.
• If you are using tea bag, brew it in at this point.
• Serve it warm
Hi I have a question about the second ingredient on your ingredient list. I justed wanted to know what you were referring to as "2-3 cloves crushed into powder". What did you mean by gloves? Cloves of the above ingredient or Cloves or something else? Please clarify. Thanks
Hi Zon, I just posted a picture for you in the comment below for cloves. It is a kind of whole spice . If you cannot find it , it would be alright without it, but cloves do help in fighting common cough , cold and skin allergies. Let me know if you can't see the picture .