Having a shining set of sparkling white teeth not only makes you look more healthy and attractive, but also plays a huge role in boosting your self-confidence. If you're one of the people who always avoid smiling or talking in public because of discolored teeth, you may be interested to learn that you can benefit greatly from using one or two of the following natural teeth whitening home remedies.
1. Strawberries Strawberries have great astringent properties and vitamin C, which are very active in removing surface stains and washing away plaque respectively. Chewing a few strawberries and brushing your yellow teeth with the mixture at least twice a week can give you positive results.
2. Banana Peels Banana peels are known to contain a variety of awesome minerals such as magnesium, manganese and potassium. When absorbed into your teeth, these minerals act by fighting surface stains that cause teeth discoloration. Simply rub the inside of the banana peel on your teeth for about three to five minutes twice a day and you'll be amazed by the outcome.
3. Baking Soda and Lemon Juice The chemical reaction of this mixture has a remarkable teeth-whitening effect. Use this solution once in a week until you achieve your desired results. Once your teeth have become white as per your expectations, try to limit the use of this remedy to once a month for the safety of the enamel.
4. Coconut Oil Pulling Coconut oil pulling is one of the most effective and inexpensive natural teeth whiteners you can ever rely on. Simply take a tablespoon of organic virgin coconut oil and swish it around in your mouth for about 10 to 15 minutes. After that, spit out the oil and rinse your mouth with water. Alternatively, you can add a few drops of the oil to your toothbrush when brushing your teeth. You can do this at least twice a day until you start seeing a difference.
5. Hydrogen Peroxide Hydrogen peroxide has active properties that are capable of preventing infections, bad breath and the growth of bacteria. Take one teaspoonful of hydrogen peroxide and swish it around in your mouth for about 15 to 10 minutes, spit it out and rinse your mouth with water. Another option would be to mix hydrogen peroxide with baking soda and brush your teeth with the paste.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) ACV is known to have the capability of removing stubborn stains on teeth surfaces, especially nicotine and coffee stains. Simply put a few drops of this solution on a clean cloth or cotton swab and gently rub it on your teeth for two to four minutes before your regular teeth-brushing routine. Because ACV can cause gum irritation or damage the enamel, be sure to ask your dentist on how to use it.
Everyone desires to have and maintain white teeth and a bright smile throughout their life. Using any or all of the above natural teeth whitening home remedies correctly is a sure way to make your teeth white and healthy for years to come. Seek professional advice from your dentist in case the discoloration persists.