These muffins are tasty and the oats makes them filling. They make a satisfying snack and are good to include in a packed lunch. Any leftovers freeze well.
Ingredients 1 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup muesli
1 ¼ cups wholemeal SR flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
45g raw sugar
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
2 egg whites
2 tablespoons honey
140g tub apple puree (unsweetened)
1/2 cup plain yoghurt
Method • Preheat oven to 180C.
• Spray a 12 hole muffin pan with cooking spray.
• Sift the SR flour and baking powder into a large bowl.
• Add the oats, muesli, coconut, sugar, cinnamon and grated lemon peel.
• Mix to combine.
• Beat the egg whites until firm.
Beat egg whites until firm
• In a small bowl combine the yoghurt, apple puree, egg and honey.
• Add the beaten egg whites.
Add beaten egg white to other wet ingredients
• Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
Mix all ingredients until combined
• Divide the mixture between the muffin holes.
• Bake for 12 -15 minutes until brown.
Put in oven to bake
• Test with a skewer and remove from oven when skewer comes out clean.
• Allow to cool for 5 minutes and then remove from pan.