In recent years there's been a lot in the media about the benefits of eating fish. It is generally recommended that we eat fish 2 or 3 times per week - but it is a good idea to avoid the high fat and high salt servings from the local fish and chip shop.
I sometimes find myself getting a little distracted by trying to make dinners "creative" and forget that keeping it simple is often best.
This dish was quick and easy to prepare, gluten free and very tasty!
1) Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees and roast pumpkin.
2) Meanwhile cook quinoa and rice according to packet directions.
3) Put together your salad using your favourite ingredients. I used: rocket, spinach, carrot, cucumber, red capsicum, yellow grape tomatoes, avocado and beetroot.
Yummy salad and quinoa
4) Pan fry salmon in a small amount of butter or olive oil until cooked to your liking.
Pan-fry the salmon
5) By this time everything should be ready. Serve the quinoa/rice mix, top with pumpkin, and pop the salmon on the side. Garnish with fresh herbs. Serve with a little pink Himalayan salt, gluten free soy sauce or sweet chilli sauce if desired.
A quick, healthy and tasty gluten free dinner!
**As with all my recipes, please use whatever quantities suit the amount of people you are serving and include your favourite ingredients in the salad. If you are not a fan of pumpkin, sweet potato would also be lovely.
**I use a mix of quinoa and rice to help keep the cost low while getting maximum nutrition and getting my family used to eating new things! Please feel free to serve with either rice or quinoa if you prefer one over the other. Rice noodles would also be good in this recipe.